Depending on the complexity of your information system requirements and the level of control you want for yourself to be able to modify and add users or new structures, Epiconcept works with clients roughly at five levels.
1. Introductory course - Learn how to use the Voozanoo 4 editor EpiCraft and application's back office to create an information system. With this training you will have the knowledge necessary to create multi-table and multi-user relational databases accessible from any web browser.
2. Course and project accompanyment workshop - Following a three day training and depending on the complexity of your needs, stay for another one to three days of side-by-side accompanyment for the creation of your database application with a project manager. The project manager will help you plan and create the correct architecture for your application and keep you from common pitfalls. After these extra days, you will have a solid structure in place and the experience to extend or fine-tune your system as needed.
3. Epiconcept development - If your requirements are rather complex, it is possible that the standard Voozanoo application will need some additional software development for those specialized functions or workflows required by real-world constraints. In these more complex situations, the client can decide what level of modifications or control he/she will need access to and those capabilities will be custom built into the information system.
4. Product creation - At the top end is the creation of a fully self-contained application that the client can rent or make free of charge to other groups or organisations.
5. Data Analysis - The process of making conclusions about what the collected data says is extremely critical. It determines the actions to be taken which can be a large investment of resources and/or money. The Epidemiology team at Epiconcept has many years of experience writing the protocols to be used before data collection begins. They understand clearly how the data cleaning process works and what methods can endanger an unbiased analysis. Finally, the actual task of using various statistical tests and communicating the conclusions is a skill which this team has amply exercised.
After creating the general and functional specifications, each projet led by Epiconcept gets divided into small development pieces. This division is advantageous because it allows us to complete development work in iterative steps. This iterative method saves time for both the development team and the client by reducing the acceptance phase time and thus the overall project length. Each subdivision is executed as its own project and thus it is possible to run several subdivisions in parallel (so long as they are not dependent one upon another). This allows the development team to begin a second, third or fourth iteration without having to wait for the other ones to be tested and validated. Carrying out a project no longer consists of a long development phase followed by a testing phase, but by multiple iterations of subdivisions in parallel.
We can outline it as follows:
• Frequent delivery of subdivisions allows the client to preview his system before final delivery
• Functional and temporal deviations from the initial specifications can be caught early and their consequences minimised
• The global project length is reduced due to greater and earlier reactivity by the client’s project team
• A more “reasonable” perimeter of differences in the acceptance phase
• A higher quality acceptance phase
• Better follow up and monitoring of development time to compare with the original planning
Epiconcept is a certified Personal Health Data Host
Issued by the LSTI design office, the certification covers the development, maintenance, support and data science services of Voozanoo applications and their modules hosted by Epiconcept.
The Health Data Hosting certification confirms the high level of Epiconcept's infrastructures protection and its strigency when it comes to protect the data of its customers and their patients, which are increasingly exposed to cyber security risks.
Epiconcept's Health Data Hosting certification: a guarantee of high standards and regular monitoring
HDS certification is based on international industrial standards (ISO 27001+ elements of ISO 2000-1 & ISO 27018 standards) as well as supplements specific to French regulations. It is designed in a stratified way, its six activities starting from the concrete hosting databases (the Physical Infrastructure Hosting perimeter) to cover all stages of data management, from the provision of data to its backup (Hosting provider perimeter).
Epiconcept is certified for facilities management activities.
Organizing the security system
Epiconcept has adopted the following measures:
• steering committee creation
• security diagnosis at each level (development platform, development, hosting)
• definition of a workgroup to cover the risks (practices formalization , security management processes, employee training plan)
• accompaniment by security experts (some of whom are from HS Consultants)
Hosting platform architecture
All development at Epiconcept starts with the Voozanoo framework. Security measures include:
• systematic use of encryption
• network segmentation by use of distinct sub-networks
• choice of operating systems known for their robust nature and then optimised by experts
• immediate security updating of open source tools
• security training for software developers
For more information please contact our chief information security officer at email@example.com.
A database application of course needs a place to live. By default, Voozanoo applications run in a certified environment on a server centre just outside of Paris. If, as in the case of some organisations, you'd like to have the Voozanoo environment installed on your own servers, Epiconcept can arrange this in cooperation with your organisation's IT director.
Franck Soury - Business Development Directeur (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thomas Czernichow - Director of Software and Services Department (email@example.com)